Walmart Will "Price Match" On Sale Patterns

If you live closer to a Walmart than to your local fabric store that is having a great sale on patterns (like JoAnn's fabrics) or if your local fabric store is "picked over" and doesn't have many patterns left in your size, simply take the ad up to the register with you (after you've shopped) and Walmart will honor other stores ads for Simplicity or McCalls brand patterns (and other things too!) Just be sure to bring the ad in with you and make sure the sale is STILL going on.

By Cyinda from near Seattle

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS:

Since I first wrote this tip, I've since found out it's usually best to first call ahead & speak to a manager. Ask the manager if they "Price match patterns" (& be sure to get their name!)... SAY: "I was told that you price match sale items that are exactly the same item from another store. I have a sale add for Simplicity patterns & I wanted to buy some at your store" ...Because THAT IS Walmart's policy! ... And ALL Walmart's are SUPPOSED to price match... But I have had trouble at ONE Walmart, because the adds for Simplicity patterns usually say in fine print "not valid on Simplicity Books"... Well, if you sew, you probably know that Simplicity also publishes "how to" sewing books & this is what the add is talking about...But, I've had trouble from one manager who said "it says no BOOKS".... She obviously has never sewn, so she mistakenly thought that meant "no patterns FROM books"... She obviously didn't know what she was talking about because ALL of the sale patterns come from PATTERN books! (the adds say in fine print: No 'New Look' & no 'It's So Easy' Simplicity patterns, which means that the discount patterns that are sold from racks & not from books are NOT on sale anyway)... & This has caused me to get all bent out of shape... The problem is that some Walmart managers have a hard time believing that patterns can be on sale for as little as $1.99 or even for only 99 cents...

---> So the deal is: Do yourself a favor, call ahead before you decide to drive all the way there. Most Walmart's WILL price match, no problem, but, you never know, you might get someone who's in a bad mood or can't believe a pattern can really be on sale for 99 cents!

Here's how you can find your local Walmart's & their phone numbers:

WALMART STORE LOCATOR:

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder.do?serviceName=ALL

Thanks for the idea. I used to work at Walmart and knew they match sale prices from other stores, but I didn't think to use it on patterns.

It often helps to talk to a manager, usually an assistant store manager. They're trained to follow store policies, and bottom line is they don't want to lose a good customer. Of course, it also helps to be nice to them.

Bull, try the local meat prices, they must be the same brand name or they do not honor the locals.

What a great tip! I had no idea Walmart matched the pattern prices, and a Walmart is much closer than our local fabric store. Thanks so much!

Parking Lot of Large Walmart
Saving Money at Walmart
Crafts SewingMarch 5, 2008
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Garage Sale Sign in Front of House Having a Sale
Promoting Your Garage Sale
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale
🎄