Share Crafts

Painting a Bathroom Sink

Can you repaint an old sink in the bathroom? If so, what prep work, cleaning, etc. do I need to do?

By Jacque from Seminary, MS

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,482 01/19/2011

I've seen it done on decorating shows on HGTV, but never paid any attention, because I have no plans at all of ever becoming a home owner at my age. Google it or ask at your home improvement store, like Lowes, Menards, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Painting a Bathroom Sink

I am wanting to paint my kitchen counter top, but haven't a clue on what color, I just know I don't want white. I have yellow walls white cabinets and red curtains, chair cushions, etc. I am needing some ideas. I also want to know if it's possible to paint the sink in the vanity in the bathroom, or will the running water damage the paint.

Thanks for all the help.
Heidi from East Lynn, IL