Hanging A Fitted Sheet to Dry

Hanging laundry on a clothesline is one of the best green activities you can do. I used to struggle with my fitted sheets, though, trying to hang them straight when they have elastic all the way around.

One day, while the sheet was still on the bed, I sewed a small colored dot to mark the center point of each long side just where the sheet folds over the edge of the mattress, (about 6 inches above the elastic). Now when I get to the clothesline, I just pick the sheet up by the dots and attach it to the line with the clothespin at that spot. No more fumbling around to hang it straight.

When I take the sheet down, I bring the two dots together and anchor them with a clothespin. This folds the sheet into quarters instantly. I finish folding it the rest of the way when I bring it inside.

By libadmin from Clovis, NM

Excellent thinking!

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Line Drying Clothing Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 6, 2010
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Making a Fitted Tablecloth
Installing a Breezecatcher Rotary Clothesline