Treating Tendinitis In Ankles

I've had tendinitis in both ankles for three months. Do any of you have experience with self-treatment or suggestions of which type of medical professional to consult? Happy Labor Day!

Celeste from Mid-Atlantic

I used to get tendonitis and tendosenovialitis all the time...some of the best at home remedies are to take a bottle and roll it back and forth with the arch of your foot. Also, another is to make out the letters of the alphabet with your foot...this will hurt but if you do it a few times a day you will notice some relief after a few days. In addition, hot cold hot cold. Also, to relieve pain take some Aleve and rub some sort of bengay on it. Preferably one with an antiinflammatory ingredient in it. Good luck. Hope it feels better soon!

Your primary-care doctor could probably tell you which specialist to see. My guess would be either a podiatrist or an orthopedic doctor.

I do something similar to to the person who suggested rolling the bottle with your bare foot and tracing the alphabet.

I exercise in bare feet on a skid resistant mat whenever I can (most everyday) because if you wear shoes all the time; your foot muscles get very weak and are easily strained. I usually incorporate going up on my toes with my squats and things like that to really work my feet as well as everything else.

It's all about balance! It DOES hurt the first few times you do it but go gradually and keep it up. You also need to make certain you are wearing well made (don't have to be expensive) with a good arch support and properly sized shoes.

Most guides say you should have 1/2-3/4" space beyond the toes in your shoe when you try them on at the end of the day when your feet are the largest. Many people wear shoes that are a size too small and that will greatly affect your foot muscles.

I went to a podiatrist and he prescribed an orthotic boot which I wore for several months and I rarely have trouble with it now. I do use orthotic insoles (from the store, not prescription) and sometimes use a soft foam ankle brace, availbable at any pharmacy. Hope this helps.

hi, I would often get tendinitis in my arms, and the only thing that would take it away was anti-inflammatories from my GP. I would also have to wear arm braces.

But now I use essential oils from Young Living. I prefer a natural product and these oils are grown and distilled with no pesticides or insecticides or chemicals which I really appreciate. Many Essential oil products on the market today are not pure.

The oils that are recommended are blends of vetiver Valerian and Idaho tansy or rosemary Eucalyptus Radiata and peppermint.

Good luck

Sue

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 31, 2008
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎄
🍂