Birthday Party With A Pirate Theme

I am having a birthday party for my son on June 21st. He will be turning 7 and wants to have a Pirate party with a treasure hunt. He has invited about 24 kids (hopefully they won't ALL come). I need help! Can anybody give me ideas for games, food, ect?

I also need some ideas for clues for the treasure hunt. I have come up with 4 myself (riddles) but I am at a loss for any more. I would like to have 8 all together. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time!

One of my favorite websites for kids birthday party planning is www.birthdaypartyideas.com. It is a collection of posts of individial's party ideas listed by theme. I can always piece together great parties from other people's creatvity!

Here's a link to the Pirate Theme:

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/the_pirate_party.html

Pin the Patch on the Pirate or Parrot on the Pirate's shoulder. Hide chocolate coins and do a pieces of 8 hunt. How about "capture the flag" with a jolly roger flag?

FOR TREASURE HUNT CLUES: When prisoners are unruly we make them take a walk(hide a clue under a plank)

A pirate's bird might want one(hide a clue in a cracker box)

Seven year olds are old enough to design their own pirate flag. Have blank paper and markers for an arrival activity. At my grandson's party the kids colored their own "loot bags" and then carried them on the treasure hunt where there was a prize at every clue location for every kid. That was the loot bag that they then took home with them. The treasure hunt went on so long that they had to take a juice break in the middle! First clue inside the house, next clue at the edge of the yard, next clue inside, next outside, etc. Try to make the clues ryhme. And give them an adult pirate leader to follow from clue to clue. It helps. The final chest, of many, had a pinata inside, pre-cut to make it easier to break. Also, there was a cardboard two dimensional ship with holes in its side for a bean bag toss. AARRRR!! Have fun, matey!

Why not contact www.PiratesforParties.com or www.Parrots4Parties.com, they have the best pirate themed entertainment for kids parties and the adult pirate theme party, also pirate props and decorations too as well as pirate bands and pirate shows

May 27, 2008 Flag

My grandson was turning five and wanted a pirate party. My son is twenty-two years old and his old jungle gym is still standing in perfect condition; after reviewing it, I decided that would be the perfect spot for "walk the plank". I got a 2x4 and ran it across the ends of the steps with enough room so that the board can move like a diving board. I filled up a pool knee high with water for the children to jump into. This was called "Shark Cove".

Oh, by the way, I also designed the jungle gym to resemble a ship that got ship wrecked. I used tin roofing that I salvage from a home that was having a roof done in shingles. The pieces were a perfect fit. I then got twine rope and did the sails string. I used netting on one side and decorated with fishes and lifesaver tire type, hung a sail and designed a pirate banner, used blue tarp to resemble water and plastic greenery for algae on the bottom of the ship. I wrote "Captain John 5" on one side of the ship.

I had treasure hunts signs thorough out the yard. On one corner a plastic pool with water called the "lost lagoon" with a bottle message (when found,this was where they were to locate the moonwalk and jump until the next hunt).

On the piñata, a special made (pirate), across the tree branches was called "pirate rock" (a piñata is hard like a rock), a treasure hope chest that I had perfected to resemble a treasure box that held his gifts (the message was "John's Treasure Loots")

When opening presents, time to eat was called "pirates bones" (serving hot dogs with a pirate theme). The cake designed and made by me was a pirate skull with crossbones). The fence was decorated with banners designed and made by me and had a sign welcoming guests to Captain John's Pirate Party and the skull had a five on the forehead, with a treasure map of layouts of the events, letting them know that they were on step 1 of the treasure hunt, by arriving on treasure island.

The whole house, even the bathroom, was decorated with a pirates theme and fishing netting. The children received a treasure box too filled with candies, a tattoo, mustache, and eye patch. It was awesome sight when they were putting wearing a mustache, pirate hats, and walking the plank. They received a toy sword for being a brave pirate and walking the plank. I also designed my grandson's outfit.

By Betty Boop Ramos

Answers:

Birthday Party With A Pirate Theme

That sounds like a cute idea! Why not get a bounce house that resembles a pirate's ship? It could be the thing that they fall into when they "walk the plank".
(04/04/2005)

By chatsalot217

Pirate Party
Pirate Themed Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMay 27, 2008
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A handdrawn pirate treasure map.
Making a Pirate Map
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄