Add Flavor to Casseroles

I use the leftovers in the refrigerator to create a one-dish casserole-type recipe. I gather the leftover veggies, meat/poultry, and pasta/rice/noodles. I usually add something wet, like broth, stewed tomatoes, or creamed soup, etc. Sometimes, I add a variety of seasonings and spices. A bit of horseradish gives any dish a good flavor.

At times, this 'creation' sometimes lacks flavor, no matter what I add. To give it more of a kick, I use a bit of salad dressing and mayonnaise. We like Italian dressing so that is what I use. I just dribble a bit of dressing and mayo into the 'creation' and mix lightly. The amount will depend on the amount of food plus your own personal taste. I heat it up in the microwave on medium power since the food is already cooked.

Each casserole dish is different and so easy and quick to make. Everybody enjoys my experiment, plus it is an easy clean-up.

By mkymlp from NE PA / USA

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversMay 24, 2011
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mexican Chicken
Mexican Chicken Recipes
Casserole Tips and Tricks
Casserole Tips and Tricks