- left over bones from roast
- 1 pound diced cooked lean lamb
- 3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced with leaves
- 1/2 turnip or rutabaga, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Combine chicken stock, bones, meat, onion and bay leaf in large soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for one hour. Add barley and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Add vegetables and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and barley are cooked. Remove bones.
By Raymonde G. from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!