Spaghetti Sauce Tips

Last year I tried the Mrs. Wages packet for pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and ketchup. They were fantastic, especially the ketchup. I put them in my crock pot and just let them go for a couple of days till they are the thickness I like. Then I can them.

But if you want a real Italian recipe, I got this from an Italian woman who was in her late sixties back in the 70's, it was her grandmother's from Italy!

• 1/4 cups olive oil
  • 1 cup onion, diced small
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable flakes
  • 2 stalks celery, diced small
  • 1 and 1/2 lb. ground beef
  • 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato puree
  • 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato juice
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. basil

Directions:

Simmer oil, onion, vegetable flakes, and celery together. Mix together with remaining ingredients and cook in slow cooker till constancy you like then process according to Ball Blue Book.

I like to add a little ground sausage to my beef when cooking it. If you think it may be too greasy for you, or you can't take a lot of grease in chili or sauces, boil it. Let it cool, then crumble it. It really makes chili and spaghetti sauce yummy.

By dancing fawn from Harrod, OH

Great recipe. My mom taught me years ago to add a bit of sugar. It cut the acidity a little bit!

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a recipe I had years ago that got lost in our last move. I have searched everywhere for it. We loved the sauce. I would make a batch of it, let it cool and store it in the freezer. I put it in bags and lay it flat on a cookie sheet to freeze, when frozen I would just stack it in the freezer. I am going to give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing!

Try the same recipe, only change it up occassionally with a dash of red wine, or instead of the ground beef try mild Italian sausage. My boyfriend's grandmother, who was from Sicily, made hers pretty near to the above but with Italian sausage. I personally like to add a little extra fennel when I'm sauteing things at the start.

Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Recipes International Italian SaucesJuly 12, 2011
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Hand placing basil leaves in pan of spaghettis sauce on stove
Making Spaghetti Sauce Less Sweet
Pan of spaghetti sauce with jar of chili sauce and tomatoes in front
Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce
🎉
🎄