What Kind of Snake is This?

What kind of snake is this? I have looked, but I can't find what kind it is. I'm hoping someone can help me. I live in the Florida panhandle.

Emily from Navarre, FL

Well, That is the best picture I have seen in awhile. But as for telling what snake it is. That is not a lot of snake to look at to tell. I love the picture though! Lori

Hi, Emily!

just guessing, I'd say a garter snake. I really don't think it is a poisonous snake, because they have triangular-shaped heads (wider at the sides than the neck is) and this seems to have a narrow head. Can you take the picture to your reference librarian? Or your county extension agent?

Good luck!

Nancy in NC

copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesMarch 16, 2009
items outside a second hand store
Investing in Antiques
crochet snake
Making a Crochet Snake
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
Caring For a Pet Snake, Snake on a person's hand.
Caring For a Pet Snake