Making a Quillow

I remember seeing at Arts and Crafts a pillow that you could open up and it was then a blanket or throw for a chair or couch. Any ideas on how to make one?

By CathyR from TX

Best Answer

I know them as "quillows". Basically it is a quilt or a blanket with a pocket sewn on the back bottom center. When the quillow is folded in 1/3 long ways and then &frac; on the last fold it is stuffed into the pocket. The Pocket's size is 1/3 the width and 1/4 the length

Best Answer

If you crochet its a booklet called "Pillow Pocket Afghan" # 981002 from the Needlcraft Shop in TX, ebay has this booklet, Some call them Pillow-ghans.I have made it & we love it, also I have made from Annie's Attic Foot-Pocket Throws # 876517. I hope this helps

I have one that was made for my daughter and I. I probably can get you an email address of the person who made it for me. Let me know.

Quilting Supplies
Making a Quillow
Crafts QuiltingSeptember 15, 2009
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎉
🎄