Making a Quillow

I remember seeing at Arts and Crafts a pillow that you could open up and it was then a blanket or throw for a chair or couch. Any ideas on how to make one?

By CathyR from TX

Best Answer

I know them as "quillows". Basically it is a quilt or a blanket with a pocket sewn on the back bottom center. When the quillow is folded in 1/3 long ways and then &frac; on the last fold it is stuffed into the pocket. The Pocket's size is 1/3 the width and 1/4 the length

Best Answer

If you crochet its a booklet called "Pillow Pocket Afghan" # 981002 from the Needlcraft Shop in TX, ebay has this booklet, Some call them Pillow-ghans.I have made it & we love it, also I have made from Annie's Attic Foot-Pocket Throws # 876517. I hope this helps

I have one that was made for my daughter and I. I probably can get you an email address of the person who made it for me. Let me know.

Crafts QuiltingSeptember 15, 2009
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)