Saving Discount Candy for Spring Holidays

You were looking for Valentine's tips and here is one for saving on Valentine's (and St Patrick's day or Easter) candy and other goodies. When you go shopping on Dec 26 and thereafter, check out the candy markdowns at the discount stores and drug stores, because a lot of it is perfectly good for Valentine's, St Patrick's Day, and Easter, but priced 50-75% cheaper. For example, the holiday bags of Hershey Kisses contain kisses wrapped in red, silver, and green foil. I'll buy several bags and sort the red and silver for use in Valentine's Day gift bags, and save the green and any other colors for Easter baskets.

If you are a crafter, or a baker, you can also buy Christmas crafting and baking sets (e.g. packages of felt or pipe cleaners, or sprinkles for baked goods) and separate out the red from the green for use at upcoming holidays (red for Valentine's, green for St Patrick's day.) Finally, if the children in your life are fans of any licensed characters (Sponge Bob, Hannah Montana, Cars, Hello Kitty, High School Musical, etc) you can also find many sweets and novelty items in the holiday candy aisle that make great treats for Easter baskets, upcoming birthdays, etc.

By Laura from Vienna, VA

Good advice! I've been doing this for years!! I like to buy up chocolate marked down and put in the freezer. I also buy my children toys marked down to use for future occasions. This time of year there are many toy bargains. I am always putting aside things to use for future gift-giving times.

Close-up of Little Chocolate Bells
Saving Money On Candy
Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyJanuary 27, 2009
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores
🎄