Cleaning Hard Water/Mineral Stains on Glassware

How do you get rid of hard water or mineral stains on glassware?

Gale from Vergas, MN

If these are from washing in the dishwasher, add a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle every time you wash the dishes. This helps to keep them shiny with some types of hard water. You should be able to remove the mineral build up with vinegar, or if that doesn't seem to work, use CLR, which is a stronger acid. Don't use the CLR in the dishwasher, though.

Hi Gayle, Simple vinegar is what I use as we have such horrible water here in Greece. I fill a bucket or large container with water, add vinegar and leave overnight. You can also use hot water and it will work faster. I use vinegar in my electric hot water pot every week as well as in stainless steel pots and pans. I love vinegar and use it quite a lot around the house. I also squirt it on my balcony tiles to keep the ants away from the house!! Hope this helps.

Use Lemi Shine! You just add it to your detergent and run the dishwasher as usual. I live in a VERY hard water area and I can tell you that it is the ONLY thing that works.

Hard Water Stains
Getting Rid of Hard Water Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJuly 26, 2007
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub