Inexpensive Unique Valentine's Day Ideas

After being married for 11 years, I am running out of creative ideas for Valentine's day. I'd love to hear some inexpensive unique ideas.

By Leigh from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Make a coupon book for your honey for their favorite things or things that speak to their love language. Back rubs, cherry pie, favorite cookies, bubble bath, help mowing the yard, etc. You'll get lots of fun out of the results.

I make cards anyway, so I'll make a Valentine for him, and I plan to make his favorite meal for dinner. That's going to be a pretty busy day for me (helping prepare food for my daughter's classroom party at school), but I hope to pick up some inexpensive flowers for our table, too. That's about as exciting as it gets for us. But I think we'll be happy with it.

I was going to suggest the coupon book also. It was a big hit with my husband. Depending on how many coupons you include & how quickly he uses them, your gift could last quite awhile. One year the coupon book was made up of only coupons for "romance". I was surprised at how much "spice" it put into our marriage.

Another gift that keeps on giving is the "Treat of the Month" gift. Whether you make it a treat he can eat, or things like back rubs, he can look forward to getting a gift each month for a year. This year I'm doing a Treasure Hunt for my husband. On crinkled brown paper (like a paper bag} I wrote out the clues. I burned the edges of the paper to help make them look old. Each clue leads to another clue around the house. I'll bake his favorite dessert & surround it w/ foil-wrapped chocolate coins, & the last clue will lead to it. I think he'll like it. :oD

Have fun!

Wow, some good ideas there. Thanks so much!

Baskin and Robins ice cream shop has an ice cream that is usually only available the month of Feb. So I buy my husband a quart of ice cream. Oh, by the way the ice cream goes by the name, Love Potion #23. how appropriate, and it is YUMMO!

Last year, I used this free resource:

http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/

You'll see they have a variety of puzzles you make create. I made my hubby a personalized word search puzzle (with words or phrases related to him and/or us).

If you are pretty comfortable with using something like Word, you can copy and paste it into a document and jazz it up with some nicer fonts and clipart.

I just gave him some of his favourite chocolates along with it...

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day
Saving Money On Valentine's Day
Holidays and Parties Valentine's Day AdviceFebruary 9, 2011
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
🎄