Getting Rid of Termites

I am looking for tips for dealing with termites.

Juanita from Texas

I saw this tip on TV a few years ago. I would still get a professional's opinions, as any home-made remedies that fail will prove very expensive. My tip is to get many cardboard boxes, lay them out flat and spray each one individually with a hose so that they are a bit soggy. Termites prefer softer wood to chew through. Place these near the termite mound. Remove, replace and burn the removed ones every few days. It's not 100%, but it will get rid of a lot of termites.

Termites are difficult to take care of on your own, they are just one of those pests that can do considerable damage and a limited number of effective treatments exist.

If you're in central florida, so I'm not exactly close enough to help directly and central florida people can call me at 407 292-4800, but I also have a blog Xterm Pest Control with some pest prevention tips at

that might help make your home less attractive to termites.

Termidor is one of the most effective items to use to kill termites and it has a residual effect so it can spread across the whole colony, but it's pricey and I definitely recommend you have it professionally done.

Your home construction also matters too, a block home can be easily defended from termites -- but not a wood home.

I recently found termites in my flowerpots in my garden. They are terra cotta pots painted on the outside. There are no termites in the mulch underneath the pots and not in any other pot, just the two similar ones. I have not found termites any other place outside or inside my house and I do not know how to get rid of them. Any help is appreciated!

I found a site that says boric acid will get rid of them. I haven't tried it yet.

I did see a man advertising his book of home remedies that said a combination of boric acid, grape jelly and (? I missed the 3rd ingredient) would get rid of them. Good luck.

I got some Orange Air Freshener it is made up of pure Orange Oil no Aerosol, it's called Pure Citrus. I had termites in my Office and sprayed this stuff and now i havent seen anymore!

I really want to stress the importance of using a professional pest control firm to do an inspection. The damage termites can do can be very severe. Keep your eye open for termite swarmers in or around your house.Using spectrum terminate bait stations will also help to protect your home from termites. Their pop-up indicators will let you know if termites are foraging in the ground close to your home.If termites are discovered contact a pest control firm.

My neighbor worked as a professional termite exterminator for more then 25 years of his life. We are both from Georgia, United States of America. He claims that there are many different interesting issues to talk about when speaking about termites. He said he is going to write a book about his life time experience. Currently he is just putting some of this thoughts for free on internet "paper".

http://termiteexterminationforbegin ... 8/12/how-to-get-rid-of-termites.html

Hi there,

Termites tend to spread pretty fast so you need to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

The quickest way I think to get rid of termites is to place a wood slab inject with toxins at the infested areas.

Take note that's it's possible that these termites come back again, so it's advisable you take a look at prevention solutions. One thing I can say is that plants and trees can help the termites in entering your house, so ensure that they are well distanced.

Source and full article:

Hey Juanita,

I think your best bet would be to try this page - Its got an extensive guide to dealing with termites the the bottom of the page that sounds like it could be fairly useful to you, as well as a variety of products that might help you get rid of a termite infestation

Photo of termites and termite damage.
Getting Rid of Termites
Home and Garden Pest Control TermitesJanuary 19, 2007
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Closeup of termites in wood.
Homemade Remedies for Termites
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes