SchoolParties

Help Me Find a Prom Dress

Category School

"I want to go to prom but I can't afford a dress!" Helpful hints from the ThriftyFun community. If you have advice on frugal ways to get a prom dress, please post them below.

Note: Please do not post requests for buying or selling specific dresses here. Ebay, craigslist and freecycle are good sites in which to post that information.

Ebay

Time is really getting tight for you but my first thought is e-bay. Wow! I just started buying things last week and what great deals I've gotten. Other things that come to mind are thrift stores, maybe friends have older brothers/sisters w. clothes they could lend? Good luck! I have ablack formal that I would send to you but I live on an island and it would never get there. Have a good time..I never went and wish I had.

By ketchikanblond

Thrift Store Or Goodwill

Check your local thrift store or Goodwill for the prom dress and tux. They sell for about $20.00

By Holly

Try Bridal Shops

Try your local thrift stores or bridal shops. Bridal shops have a lot of dresses on clearance right now. You might find a nice dress for $25.00 or less.

By Lynn

Try Local Churches

Try local churches. In my town a large Methodist church has a program where people donate evening/prom dresses for women who can't afford them. I am not sure whether the dresses are given to the women permanently or if they're just loaned. I have seen some of these gowns and they are lovely!

By Lee

Dress Up Time in Philadelphia

If your are located in the Philadelphia area you could try this store called dress up time, located on Frankford avenue. I'm not sure what hundred it's located. I think the 7200 Frankford, but I do know that the store is located a block after Cottman Ave, going south on Frankford or a block before Cottman Avenue going north on Frankford towards academy and Frankford.They have nice and designer gowns for less. I hope you will check out the store.

By ashley

Answers