Sticky Residue on CD Cases

When moving, I secured my CD's into their wooden holder using packing tape. I have now taken off the tape and it has left a sticky residue on both the CD cases and the wooden holder. How do I remove it?

Estelle from Buntingford, England

A little WD-40 will do the trick.

Anything oily, and definitely w/ citrus in it. Lemon Oil would be best, but even olive oil would work.

You can use peanut butter, and anything oily, like previously stated. I had read that spreading creamy peanut butter on cds and dvds will get the scratches out. Haven't tried it, but it was in some newsletter with hints like this one.

WD-40 or Oops should remove the residue if you have access to either of these products in England. If not, some kind of machine oil like 3-in-1 oil, or check your local tool or hardware store for something that can be used to remove sticker residue.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceOctober 10, 2006
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film