Painting a Bathtub

I would like to spray paint my bathtub with paint for porcelain. How do I do it? Someone had painted it with what looks like regular paint and it's been chipping off in different spots. It looks ugly.

By Bertha from Westland, MI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Years ago when my husband and I owned our second home, we hired a professional to refinish an old worn porcelain tub. Please don't try and refinish it yourself, call someone to do it for you. The chemicals and special spray paint that they use are very harmful to your lungs. Don't gamble with your life and health to try and save a few extra bucks, it's not worth it. Look up bathtub refinishing in the yellow pages of your local phone book.

An old clawfoot tub.
Painting a Bathtub
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomNovember 2, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:40:25 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.