Painting a Bathtub

I would like to spray paint my bathtub with paint for porcelain. How do I do it? Someone had painted it with what looks like regular paint and it's been chipping off in different spots. It looks ugly.

By Bertha from Westland, MI

Best Answer

Years ago when my husband and I owned our second home, we hired a professional to refinish an old worn porcelain tub. Please don't try and refinish it yourself, call someone to do it for you. The chemicals and special spray paint that they use are very harmful to your lungs. Don't gamble with your life and health to try and save a few extra bucks, it's not worth it. Look up bathtub refinishing in the yellow pages of your local phone book.

An old clawfoot tub.
Painting a Bathtub
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomNovember 2, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub