Romeo (Cockatiel)

Romeo is a 7 year old cockateil. When I first got him, the pet store told me he was a girl. I named him Lucy (after Lucille Ball). When he was about 6 months old, I found a site that did DNA sexing via feathers. I found out that Lucy was indeed a boy. Needless to say, we were surprised. I decided that it was not that important to change his name since he was used to it.

A few weeks later he was kissing me on my cheek and neck, being quite the lovable little bird. I told him "you are quite the Don Juan of birds". Right then I realized "Romeo". He took to his new name right away. Although it did take me awhile to replace all the pink stuff with boy colors.

He is a avid talker and loves to eat chicken (yes chicken, vet said it was ok) and mashed potatoes. Some of his favorite sayings are "Romeo is a pretty bird", "Romeo is a good boy"; and "Romeo is a dodo bird". He is very much loved and along with his 2 sisters (chihuahuas), our beloved pet children.

By Virginia

I had a yellow Cockatiel for many years untill she died.We think from a heart attack. I bought her as a boy and named him Charley. Five years after I had him, she laid an egg. I called the Vet to ask how a female bird could lay an egg without a male bird around. He said it was quite common the egg is not fertilzed. His name changed to Charlene. I blew out the egg and still have it. It is a fond reminder.

What add, did you use for the test, I have 2 cockatiel, when I got the Bird they told me it was a female, but I'm not so sure. Can you help me, please. Thank you. Val.

October 4, 2010 Flag

Romeo (Cockatiel)

This is Romeo. Our cockatiel's age is unknown. Two weeks ago we adopted him, but he quickly adopted us! He is a lovey, singing, crooning (so hence the name!) He likes to nuzzle our necks and check us for bugs! We are so glad we have him, a nice addition to our African Grey and Green Amazon.

By Darline from Troy, NH

Answers:

Romeo (Cockatiel)

I have had my cockatiel for about 26 years. He will not let you talk on a telephone and some how he always knows when someone is coming up the drive way and he starts talking weird stuff. They are smart and are a lot of fun and company. (01/14/2010)

By 10catgirl

Cockatiel
Cockatiel Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 4, 2010
Guide
Man with Pet Cockatiels
Caring for and Training a Pet Cockatiel
🎉
🎄