Romeo (Cockatiel)

Romeo is a 7 year old cockateil. When I first got him, the pet store told me he was a girl. I named him Lucy (after Lucille Ball). When he was about 6 months old, I found a site that did DNA sexing via feathers. I found out that Lucy was indeed a boy. Needless to say, we were surprised. I decided that it was not that important to change his name since he was used to it.

A few weeks later he was kissing me on my cheek and neck, being quite the lovable little bird. I told him "you are quite the Don Juan of birds". Right then I realized "Romeo". He took to his new name right away. Although it did take me awhile to replace all the pink stuff with boy colors.

He is a avid talker and loves to eat chicken (yes chicken, vet said it was ok) and mashed potatoes. Some of his favorite sayings are "Romeo is a pretty bird", "Romeo is a good boy"; and "Romeo is a dodo bird". He is very much loved and along with his 2 sisters (chihuahuas), our beloved pet children.

By Virginia

I had a yellow Cockatiel for many years untill she died.We think from a heart attack. I bought her as a boy and named him Charley. Five years after I had him, she laid an egg. I called the Vet to ask how a female bird could lay an egg without a male bird around. He said it was quite common the egg is not fertilzed. His name changed to Charlene. I blew out the egg and still have it. It is a fond reminder.

October 4, 2010 Flag

Romeo (Cockatiel)

This is Romeo. Our cockatiel's age is unknown. Two weeks ago we adopted him, but he quickly adopted us! He is a lovey, singing, crooning (so hence the name!) He likes to nuzzle our necks and check us for bugs! We are so glad we have him, a nice addition to our African Grey and Green Amazon.

By Darline from Troy, NH

Romeo (Cockatiel)

I have had my cockatiel for about 26 years. He will not let you talk on a telephone and some how he always knows when someone is coming up the drive way and he starts talking weird stuff. They are smart and are a lot of fun and company. (01/14/2010)

By 10catgirl

Cockatiel Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 4, 2010
Man with Pet Cockatiels
Caring for and Training a Pet Cockatiel