Cooking Ground Beef

Hamburger can be browned quickly, easily and goes with a wide range of dishes. Use these helpful tips to make cooking ground beef that much easier. This is a guide about cooking ground beef.

February 13, 2011 Flag

To help save time in the kitchen when I know it is going to be a busy week, I will buy a large amount of lean ground beef at Costco or Sam's. I purchase, say, a 5 1/2 pound package. I bring it home and cook it in a large pot with diced onion and garlic and season it up with black pepper and salt. After the meat is cooked through, I drain it in a colander then add it back to the pan to let it cool down a bit. I then weigh the meat on my kitchen scale to get 1-2 lbs. of cooked meat, put it in freezer bags, and label.

Now all I have to do the rest of the week is pull out a package of the already cooked meat and thaw a bit in the microwave. Add it to a pan along with taco seasonings, spaghetti sauce ingredients, sloppy joe ingredients etc.- whatever your family is wanting for dinner that night. You can even use it to make one of the boxed hamburger helper dinners. Dinner is done in a fraction of the time.

I realized that I start all my ground beef recipes basically the same way with onion and garlic. It just made sense to go ahead and cook it all ahead of time instead of freezing the raw meat.

By KimbrD from Corinth, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

May 24, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cooking ground beef in a crockpot. Your crockpot can be used to conveniently cook ground beef without the hassle of frying, before adding to a recipe.

Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about removing fat from ground beef. Removing the fat from ground beef will help cut the calories from fat and is good for your overall health.

Removing Fat from Ground Beef

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cooking ground beef in the microwave. Using your microwave oven is a convenient way to cook ground beef that will be used in a recipe.

Cooking Ground Beef in the Microwave

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2008 Flag

My frugal tip is for cooking, but it's also a healthy one. Buy the cheap ground beef and BOIL it! The fat will rise to the top! Just don't pour the water (and grease) down your sink.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 6, 2007 Flag

Tips from our readers for browning ground meat for a variety of uses.

Pouring ground beef into a taco.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 11, 2007 Flag

With the recent recall of fresh and frozen ground beef, it's more important then ever to cook ground beef safely. Although the product(s) being recalled should be returned to the point of purchase, consumers preparing other ground beef products should heed the following advice.

Cooking Hamburgers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJanuary 16, 2012
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
Cooking Ground Beef in the Microwave
Cooking Ground Beef in the Microwave
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:05:43 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.