Use Epsom Salts for Dog's Itchy Skin

My Maltese, Molly, had awfully itchy skin, so after spending hundreds of dollars on treatment I tried Epsom salts in her bath water, and it did the trick. She also had a badly infected eye from rubbing her face on the ground to ease the itching, this has also cleared up much to our relief. I put a handful of Epsom salts to the bath water, and if it's a bad case rinse twice making the last rinse another one with salts in it.

By Suanne from Australia

Some dogs just have dry skin. When I rook my dog to vet and after numerous, expensive tests she told me to feed the dog one or two fish oil caplets in it'food. I had to hid the tablet and coat them with peanut butter or chottage chesses but it worked amazing within a week-ten days.

You can buy fish oil tablets in vitamin sections. By true experience! don't cut one and squirt it in food, the juice smells like old fish. When I'm feeding breakfast I coat tablet with peanut butter or cottage cheese and softly hide it in food bow.

I have never used epsom salts, but I will give it a try now. Other than getting my long haired Dachshund prednisone shots every 2-3 months, which I have stopped myself because the vet himself said that continuing to give him the shots could cause joint problems. We don't want that! I have been putting a tsp of olive oil in his supper evey night, it does seem like the itching and biting have settled down a lot! But the next time I bathe him, Epsom salts will be in the bath with him! Thanks!

I like the idea of giving your dog fish oil tabs for itchy skin. I have a 12 lb. dog how much do I give per. lb of dog?

I think my dog has California itch.from what I read, from my last question, epson salts is better then the fish oil?

Change in diet is in order. Poor baby has an allergy. Most likely to corn wheat or soy. NO grocery aisle dog food. NO science diet (first ingredient is corn) . Better store, groomer that sells good food, co op, livestock supply. Cook healthy things. Feed some raw. Veggies and fruits are healthy.

Not even her cookies can contain any corn wheat or soy. A very reasonably priced kibble is Diamond lamb and rice. More expensive a a little better still is Evo. Dry Borax in carpets. Allergy may have started after vaccines. They destroy the auto-immune system. You might check on thuja, a homeopathic product that helps with vaccine poisoning. The fish oil is a really good recommendation.

Thanks for posting this tip! I don't have the problem right now with my pets (3 cats at this time), but I will remember this for the future. Thanks also to the people who suggested fish oil. These two suggestions are great because they are natural, non-chemical solutions, and I always try to avoid strong drugs or chemicals if at all possible. My suggestion - if you wash your pets' bedding, don't use fabric softeners (sheets or liquids) on them, as those contain many toxic chemicals, which could cause allergies, or worse. (I constantly posting warnings about them on TF.)

How much salt to add to the water?

I was diagnosed with genital herpes about 2 years ago but believe I've had it for about 4 years. With early outbreaks, I had severe itching before an outbreak; it drove me crazy. Then a sore would appear in that spot (most of the time on outer labia, although I have gotten them near the clitoris and near the rectum too). I had hoped the frequency would decrease over time, but it has not. I was having roughly 8 to 10 outbreaks per year, sometimes one right after another. I have been to the Doctors servers times to get it treated. They all come back. . I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other remedy about how to get rid of it permanently. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! i wanted to get rid of it so bad Finally I went on net to see if i could get any help it was then i came across some series of testimony on how DR.OKEYTO has help people in getting rid of HERPES PERMANENTLY with herbal medicine so quickly i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before I notice all sours in my genitals were all dried up and Gone thanks DR.OKEYTO for putting a smile on my face again i will forever remain great-full to you for your cute medicine no more itching and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.OKEYTO for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it permanently. Email;dr.okeytoherbalcure@gmail.com or..his facebook page https://web.fac  _nax_wizard=true ../. or call him +2349050141440/whats-app

cell phone contact +2349050141440

cell phone contact +2349050141440

cell phone contact +2349050141440

Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Pets HealthAugust 30, 2010
A dog wearing a cone on it's head to prevent it from itching.
Home Remedy for Dog's Eczema
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
A dog itching in the grass.
Relieving Itching for Dogs
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 11:33:49 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.