Berry Basket for Holding Sliced Cheese

I have always hated after opening the cellophane package of cheese slices that they spread out in the fridge. I found the ideal holder for these slices just today! Having bought a flat of strawberries at a farm, I kept the plastic baskets that they were in. I have them in various places around my kitchen. I remembered having the baskets when I was cleaning out the fridge and popped the slices into one of the baskets. Viola! It fits neatly in the cold cut drawer in the fridge and I am one happy cook!

FYI - These baskets also make great organizers for Kool-Aid and hot chocolate envelopes. I also have a couple in my "catchall" kitchen drawer which are holding my tiny bag clips and another one to corral the "corn on the cob" tips. Surely beats looking through the entire drawer for these things.

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Great idea. I will definately try this one.

I just fished a basket out of the trash, washed it and corralled my cheese slices! Ya for you!

It really is good! Also, you can keep post it notes, mail, etc, but keep in mind to lean it against something like the back of your desk or the side of your tower. They are great but really light!

I don't mean to rain on your parade but even tho these slices are each wrapped, I've found they are not wrapped tight enough to be stored out in the open in the frig. They can get dried out around the edges. Maybe you use them up so fast though. Perhaps if that pint basket was set down inside of a ziploc bag it would keep the cheese slices fresher.

I have saved those nice baskets too and used them around the house. As another poster pointed out tho, they are very lightweight so you can't put anything too heavy in them.

Years ago Kraft sent out some Kraft singles storage containers. Must have been some sort of premium. Well I've had one for years. It's a plastic box with hinged lid and keeps a 12 oz package of cheese slices stored perfectly. I occasionally see them at garage sales. I actually got two of them so then I can keep two types of cheese.

This is truly awesome hun! I have a 16 year old and a 14 year old and once that package is open it is anyone's guess where some of these will be found. (sometimes just in the nick of time to fend off one of the bottomless pits that I gave birth to, perfectly edible and not dried out a bit.)

Uses for Berry Baskets
Uses for Berry Baskets
Organizing KitchenAugust 24, 2009
Acai Berries
Using Acai Berry
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Sliced Strawberries in a Bowl.
Berry Slaw
🎉
🎄