Fruited Fish

Fresh, easy and low calorie.

• Frozen Tilapia or any other fresh, ready to eat fish. Figure 4 oz. per person.
  • Fresh fruit chunks, I use pineapple. Mandarin oranges would taste good. Use about 4 chunked pieces of fruit per person
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • pinch of salt (pepper optional)

Heat pan, toss butter and fruit chunks in to sear the juices. About 2 minutes cooking, toss in the frozen un-breaded fish. The frozen fish adds more moisture to the cooking, the juices are in the pan from the fruit, keep moving the juices around the fish without disturbing the fish. About 3-4 minutes turn the fish only 1 time. Cook about 3-4 minutes, then pop out onto plate. Make sure you scrape the pan drippings onto the fish.

I serve this on top of a lightly cheesy linguine with fresh garden beans, lettuce/spinach on the side. Fast, easy, absolutely a 30 minute meal.

By T and T Grandma from Benson MN

Such a wonderful recipe for frozen fish! Could only have come from a Minnesota woman. I was raised in Grand Rapids, MN. And, I love fish. But I'm an old bachelor and not remotely interested in complicated recipes.

Thank you so much. Chuck

Food and Recipes Recipes FishAugust 3, 2010
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes