Keeping a Cutting Board from Slipping

I knead my bread on a wooden cutting board, but the board was always slipping. I happened on the solution one day by chance. I had washed the counter, and it was still damp when I needed to make bread, so I put a dishtowel underneath my board. To my delight, it didn't slip when I was kneading!

By Camilla from Atchison, KS

You can buy rubberized matting at the dollar store that will work to keep anything from slipping. It comes in a roll and can be cut to any size. I use it under my dog's watering bowl and under my desktop calculator. There are a multitude of uses for it, and it's very inexpensive. It also comes in several different colors. Merry Christmas and God bless you!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadDecember 18, 2007
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Cutting tomatoes on a cutting board.
Keeping Cutting Boards From Sliding
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board