Bleach For Stained Counters

I dyed a shirt a different color and placed the newly dyed shirt on my bathroom counter top. What a mistake! I tried using every day kitchen/bathroom cleaner. Nothing worked until I scrubbed the dyed area with plain household bleach. The dye came right out!

By Jaci from MO

This works for any kind of stain in the kitchen too. Ever get blueberry stains on your counter top? Don't ruin it with cleansers. Use a little bleach water and it dissappears.

March 21, 2011 Flag

I have been using this method for cleaning my shower and kitchen counter tops for years. It also is great in a pinch for small surface cleaning like getting wine or tomato sauce stains out of a white tablecloth.

In a plastic spray bottle mix 1/3 bleach with 2/3's water. Spray shower walls immediately after showering. It cuts down cleaning time in the bathroom once a week.

For white table linens, spray soiled area and wait for stain to fade as it fades blot with a white towel wash as usual. May need to reapply a few times until stain completely lifts. Also works well on stained countertops.

By flipchic56 from Long Island, NY

Editor's Note: Only use on white materials to avoid bleach stains. Test in an inconspicuous place first.

Answers:

Bleach Spray For Stained Counters

While this is a good idea in theory, there are a few things to keep in mind: If you have pets, this is very harmful to their sensitive respiratory systems. Bleach also breaks down and becomes less effective after an hour and a half. (02/26/2011)

By JSRP

Bleach Spray For Stained Counters

Bleach is a very toxic substance and not recommended for the safety of your children and pets. There are better alternatives out there that are natural and nontoxic. Vinegar, tea tree oil are a couple. (02/26/2011)

By jfergus

Bleach Spray For Stained Counters

Sorry, bleach is a poison and should be restricted. Using vinegar, water and baking soda recipes can be used effectively and safely for humans, pets, and the environment. (02/26/2011)

By Lin

Bleach Spray For Stained Counters

For stains on any white fabric, I wash in dishwasher detergent. I think the machine soap has lye in it which was always used for whites in the olden days. I have had success with wine, grass stains, blood, fat etc. Do not use on colored cloth. (02/26/2011)

By joanfry

Bleach Spray For Stained Counters

I use vinegar and water mixture in a spray bottle to use as an after shower spray.

To disinfect your counters and other surfaces, you can use bleach but you don't need alot of it. Simply a capful or two max to a large spray bottle filled with water will do the job w/o damage to counters.

For antibacterial/disinfectant properties that are more natural, you can use white vinegar (1/4 cup) or lavender oil (just a few drops - 6) for a large spray bottle filled with water.

Works great. (02/26/2011)

By dvg

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Stain RemoversMarch 21, 2011
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎉
🎄