Hardware to Hang Wooden Curtain Rods

We have been given 2 beautiful wooden curtain rods, but that's it - no other hardware to secure it above the windows! Do any of you have ideas on a cradle of sorts to rest the rods in that would be secured to the wall?

Kelly

I found wooden brackets in the curtain dept at Walmart. If you have someone who is a woodworker he could make them for you. You could stain them whatever color to match your rod Good luck.

Hi-

You could get some nice wall sconces. I picked up a pair in the window treatment section of Walmart-- they are plaster scrolly looking things with a hole through the center so that you can fit the rod through it. I'm sure they had wood ones, too.

Good luck!

Michele

I used curtain tie back hardware that can be bought anywhere. Mine look like stainless steel leaves.

Let me know if you want pictures.

My husband cut a thick piece of wood into two pieces in the shape of the letter "J" & attached one to each side of the window with the "u" part of the "J" facing outward to hold the rod. He also stained them to match the rod. The size of the "J" would depend on the size of the rod. Hope this helps.

I bought wooden rods from Country Curtains. I had to buy the hangers serparate. www.countrycurtains.com

Got mine at Home Depot for not a lot of money--they look nice.

You can also use cup holder hooks that screw into the wood. Just be sure that your curtain rod fits into the 'hook' part. These do come in various sizes, although they aren't for really big rods. You can also bend them out to get the rod to fit in better if need be. Just use a pair of pliers. I bought dowel rods at Walmart's in the craft section for my bedroom windows. These also come in varying diameters. I used 5/8" for my windows because I either use extra long bath towels and/or denium material.. both of which tend to be heavy. Had to cut to length, but by using the cup hooks & dowel rods the cost was very minimal as to what it could have been.

They can be suspended like swings from the ceiling with lamp chain that is sold by the foot, sold in black plastic as well. connect to hooks. you can decorate the chains with flowers. vines, etc. or up lift and cover the chain with homemade box at the top and have curtain flow to the floor. Also, check hardware in other areas of home stores, electrical, plumbing and such and be creative. Think wood blocks and velcro and decorate.

Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousFebruary 8, 2008
Curtain Rod
Making Your Own Curtain Rods
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Installing Roman Shades
Finding Window Hardware for Roman Shades
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 29, 2017 at 2:22:30 PM on 10.0.1.106 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.