Keeping Spice Holes from Plugging Up

I used to have a lot of problems with the spice holes plugging up. Then, I realized it was because of steam. So now, I season my pots and pans that have cool oil or water, then turn on the heat. It sure has made a difference!

Source: This was just my "duh" moment!

By Sandra A. from Salem OR

That's an interesting point.I have noticed that too.I also (now) realize that I am also a big part to blame due to storing these spice items & jars of soup granuals & so on in cabinets directly above the stove.

A better use of space there would be paper plates & like items for picnics or outdoor cookouts.

Bravo for all of lifes "duh" moments !

My father in-law puts grains of rice in his salt shaker to keep from clogging.Might work in spices, too.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesJuly 27, 2008
Drilling Holes in Glass
Drilling Holes in Glass
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions