Browsing: Cleaning Nicotine (Cigarette Smoke) Off Walls

Cleaning Cigarette Smoke Residue Off Paneled Walls

How do you clean paneled walls and get cigarette smoke film off?

By Brandy

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

When we moved into our first home, it had the same problem. First, get 2 really cheap sponge mops. I mopped the walls the first time with bleach and hot water, just mix according to label directions for general cleaning. After that dried, I did the same with Pine-Sol, then the same thing again with Murphy's Oil Soap. The last thing I did was rub over the walls with the 'liquid gold' types of wood preserver.

Use the first mop for the bleach mixture, and the second for the Pine-sol, oil soap washes. I just used all our rags to put the Old English on the walls.

If your home is like mine, it will be on the ceilings, the floors, carpets, and inside the kitchen cabinets, even inside the fridge. All of them got the same treatment. The carpets got pulled out and replaced with linoleum.

Good luck to you!

Best Answer

For paneled walls, you could try Avon Skin So Soft. Water could discolor paneling so if you must use water solutions, do so sparingly. Dusting sprays such as pledge or old gold are also good for cleaning paneling as is Murphy's oil soap.

You could also try a half water-half vinegar solution to wash the walls. Test a spot to make sure the solution won't affect the paint or varnish appearance-I've used it on many a painted and varnished wall over the years but there is always a first time this could cause an 'ugly':)

Trisodium Phosphate. It's designed to clean for pre-painting. The best thing I have ever used.

Hope that helps.

PBP

Cigarette Burning in Ash Tray
Cleaning Nicotine (Cigarette Smoke) Off Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsNovember 8, 2011
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cleaning a flat screen TV with a soft cloth.
Removing Cigarette Smoke Residue from Flat Screen TV
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 3:06:42 PM on 10.0.1.50 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.