Paying Your Bills on Time and Saving on Postage

I have been paying many of my bills over the phone with my debit card. It is a win-win situation. Not only do I save writing a check and saving a stamp (which is now 39 cents - ouch!) but my payment gets credited much faster. Just check your creditors to see if they offer this option.

My utilities and insurance companies for the most part all do.

If they don't, they may take automatic payments out of your account each month which would be another option. Still another is to make your payments online.

By Diane from Paradise, PA

re:

"...but my

payment gets credited much faster..."

i will always wonder :

when we get the bills paid befor the due date why we don't get "brownie points" or some sort of little "thank you" bonus

but

WoW OW if they are late - we most often pay an late fee !

?!?!

hmmmmmm

In my area some of our Major super markets will accept payment for telephone,electric, natural gas bill,and several other utilities. They have to be paid before due date but it to helps on the postage situation.

Another option would be to take advantage of your bank's online billpay service. My bank charges $5.95/month for this, but when you think of all the stamps you're saving, plus gas to get them, gas you might use to actually go pay some bills, AND the cost of checks, you're actually saving money or at the very least, coming out even.

I don't have to buy new checks as often now that I use this and it's faster and easier than writing out all those checks or making all those phone calls. I didn't realize how often I was having to buy new checks until I started doing this.

Renee in TN

I like your idea, but DO be sure to find out what the company charges for these services, In our area, some of the companies charge as much as $5.00 or

$6.00 to pay a bill over the phone or online.

My bank has a feature they call Pay My Bills. Some banks charge for this, but I am lucky to have a bank that doesn't charge anything extra. With this feature, I can schedule the payment to be made from my checking account . The day I receive my bill, I schedule it to be paid the day after my Social Security check arrives. There are several reasons that I like this service. #1. I don't have to spend half a day writing checks and addressing envelopes to pay bills when my money comes. #2. I save on postage. #3. My creditors do not have access to my bank account or my credit or debit card accounts. I have been using this method for over a year, and have not had a problem.

Harlean from Arkansas

Use wachovia banking to pay your bills. They give you a free checking account and the billpay service is free too. It's very convenient.

Paying Bills on Time, Bills and Calculator
Paying Bills on Time
Budget & Finance Paying BillsJanuary 13, 2006
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
Mortgage Paperwork
Getting a Mortgage With Bad Credit
Postage Stamp
Saving Money on Postage Stamps
Homemade Postage Scale
Making a Homemade Postage Scale
🎄