Receiving Local Paper Online

To save yourself some money and also save some trees. Check online to see if you can receive your local newspaper online. We don't pay for a subscription to the local paper, which saves us over $100.00 per year, plus we don't have the hassle of throwing away nor having to recycle a newspaper either. If we want to save something from the paper, we can just print it out, or choose to purchase only that one issue. Although I find that plenty of people who do receive the daily paper will gladly give you their issues free after they are finished reading it. The easiest way to find your local paper online is to type the name of the paper, city and state in the search bar.

By Tonya from Martinsville, OH

You're lucky...our newspaper is available on line also, but except for obituaries and a few headlines, you can only read it on line if you subscribe to the paper. You have to have an online subscription or have a home delivery subscription. I usually don't read it on line, but never thought about going in and printing off items that I want to have multiple copies of. For instance, the 5 generation picture that was in the paper of my mother, myself, my daughter, my granddaughter and two great granddaughters. I am going now to look up that picture and print off copies for each generation.

Harlean from Arkansas

I also read my hometown newspaper online (I live in another country now). I did have to "join" the site but it's free. However, recently the paper decided to only run "paid" obituaries online (the paper version will run 10 lines for free but not online :( ).

Check out It lists newspapers sites by state. Also newspapers in other countries.

I hate reading papers and magazines online, I guess I like to be able to hold the item in my hands. I do read the womenn's magazines online that I used to buy because when I stopped and thought about it, most of the time when I bought a copy, it was only for one or two headlines on the cover.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 20, 2006
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online