Bathroom Cabinet Door Won't Stay Closed

My bathroom cabinet door won't stay closed. The hardware is there. It doesn't seem to catch any longer. I am repair challenged but can't afford to hire someone to fix this. How can I fix it?

Linda from NY

magnetic type?

If so depending on its setup, just unscrew the magnet, Reline it up with the door & screw it in.

There is so many different types you could be speaking of

an image or better details may help to know exackly what your dealing with

Also maybe the door has dropped slightly,

Check the hinges

You could try those child safety catches that people put on their cabinets to keep kids out. It goes on the inside so you wouldn't be able to see it and you (as an adult) would still be able to open it easily but otherwise it would stay closed. I'm sure the most you would need to install it is a hammer or a screwdriver and you could handle that!

Thank you both. It's a male fitting on the door that goes into a female mounted inside the cabinet. It fits in but doesn't stay, it pops out. I think the door is okay but I will check that it hasn't dropped. The child safety thingy sounds great. If I can't realign the door I'm going to get one of those! Any brand recommendations?

Velcro? It has been a lifesaver for me on many a thing.

I glued magnets to each side of the inside door so they lined up and caught. You said one latch fits into the other....can you expand (maybe with a screwdriver) the piece that fits in so that is fits a little tighter?

Check your hinges. Make sure that they are securely fastened on both sides. Sometimes this alone can make the cabinets not want to stay closed.

First make sure the screws are tight if still won't shut take a hammer and lightly hammer the male upward a bit like crooked wise you might have to do it a couple of times. Works all the time.

Barbara, you are so right. I took a hammer and hit it up a bit. I did it twice and now it's closed. Thank you so much!

Help - how to I prevent my plywood bathroom cabinet doors from warping?

A medicine cabinet door with a child lock on it to help it stayed closed.
Bathroom Cabinet Door Won't Stay Closed
Home and Garden Repair HomeFebruary 8, 2008
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
slamming door
Preventing a Door From Slamming
small dog
Dog Diapers Won't Stay On
🎄
🍂