Removing Perfume Smell From a Room

I had company over the weekend, she used way too much perfume. How can I get the smell out of the whole room? I have laundered some things and tried laying others outside. I sprayed clorox on the bathroom floor and the smell still is making me sick. I feel like I am going to have to move!

Best Answer

I have air cleaners that plug right into the wall. I bought them at the grocery and Target. They cost about $25.00 and have an on/off switch. It cleans the air "no perfumes". I can't stand the Glade air cover things cause that is all any of that stuff does is cover up, but this is like a mini HEPA filter.

I have been chemical/Perfume sensitive for years.. one thing that I found that works well in the house or if someone gets perfume (scents) in your car is to put coffee grounds around the area... you could put some coffee grounds in a brown paper bag (or you can buy those little prepackaged coffee things). then put them wherever the odor is.. you can lay them on your furniture set them in your car.. this also works well to get the smell out of old furniture that is moldy smelling.

Note.. even the cheapest coffee works very well, so you don't have to spend much money on this great trick...

Best Answer

Try spraying vinegar in the room. Also, try setting out a bowl of charcoal (that you grill with). The coffee grounds work also.

You could try placing shallow containers of fresh coffee grounds around the room or try cinnamon. I have put cinnamon in a fry pan and put on low heat to remove odors. If you have an electric fry pan, or slo-cooker you could use that instead of a fry pan on your range.

A member of my family smokes when my DH is at work. He is very allergic to smoke. So I spray with OUST a couple of times and it does the trick. You can get it at supermarkets, drug stores, Walmart, just about anywhere.

Anonymous

Unscented febrese. Just spray it on yourself

I hate that too!