Treating Black Spot on Roses

What can be done about roses that have extreme black leaf?

By Paula H.

In the old days, they would tell you " throw your dirty dish water on it". Now a days very few people wash dishes by hand. So put a little dish soap in your watering can, suds it up and pour it over your rose bush. I would remove the bad leafs. I have alot of rose bushes and it works for me. Do not use eletric dishwashing detegent!

I was having problems growing roses, so I went to a class. the most important thing I learned was to make sure I never water the leaves. Since I started only hand watering the rose bushes from the bottom, they are doing great! I also keep lots of composted soil around them, covered with mulch and then I do not even need to fertilize them at all.

Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes
Home and Garden Gardening RosesMay 20, 2011
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate