Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Where do I find a list of discount grocery stores?

By Marty

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By brittan01/31/2013

Bargain Depot Discount Grocery
8035 Vincent Rd
Denham springs, LA 70726
225-667-6715

By Jo08/13/2010

Aren't there any of these stores in Nebraska?

By Annie Davis [1]07/29/2010

http://www.andersonscountrymarket.net/directory
This directory is great, by state, check it out! Most are salvage groceries. I love them!

By lily07/27/2010

If you want to save on groceries, Aldi is much cheaper than Walmart!

Here are questions related to Listing of Discount Grocery Stores.

Question: Salvage Grocery Stores in California

Does anyone know of any salvage grocery stores in southern California?

By Lucy

Question: Discount Grocery Stores in Mesa, Arizona

What discount grocery stores are in the Mesa, Arizona area? I want to purchase, for donation, several cases (24/case) of macaroni and cheese. Thanks you.

By John R.

Most Recent Answer

By Holly [349]11/18/2011

Go to
www.dollartree.com
to locate the nearest Dollar Tree ($1.00 per item) stores.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

It would be so helpful if there was a central listing of where to locate these discount grocery stores that sell salvage food and household items. Some people call them banana box stores. I've asked around and located two, but both have already closed. Many don't advertise in phone books, so it would be helpful to see a listing by state/city of where you are so we can visit and give you business. I am sure this would be helpful to others too. Thank you.

Lynn from Greenville, Ohio

Editor's Note: Feel free to post information about Discount Grocery Stores that are currently operating in your area in the feedback forum below.

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Springfield, Missouri - Greene County Damaged Freight
Seymour, Missouri - Seymour Discount Grocery
Cabool, Missouri - Shetlers Discount Grocery
Norwood, Missouri - Shetlers Discount Grocery

I have shopped at all 4 although the last 3 are my favorites. 1st one is a little higher and farther away. They are a big money saver. (09/19/2008)

By velsgal from Missouri

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Here in Salem OR, I find Canned Food Warehouse a lifesaver. I have seen them listed as Rainbow Canned Foods, too. The hot states have a chain called Sav-on Foods or Save A Lot, I forget which was the food and which was the thrift. And don't forget that Dollar Trees, now (at least here) sell eggs, milk, frozen things, canned goods, coffee, condiments, snacks, and candy. And they take food stamps, too. Thanks for the link. (09/19/2008)

By Poor But Proud

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

On the West Coast, Grocery Outlet. In the mid-Atlantic area, Big Lots (grocery is only one part of the store). (09/19/2008)

By tennesue

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Dollar General Store has food items now. We buy our popcorn from them. They have some dairy, coffee and such. I have found that laundry products, and personal items like bath soap and shampoo are less expensive than the super market for name brands. (09/20/2008)

By MartyD

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Bakeryoutlets.com, click on store locator. It will give you Wonder/Hostess outlet stores near your zip code. (09/20/2008)

By Jantoo

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Grocery Outlet sells discontinued and liquidated food in cans and boxes and Winco has new food, but good prices in the western USA.

Winco Store Locations: wincofoods.com

Grocery Outlet Store Finder: groceryoutlets.com

Check all pull-dates on anything you buy at a Liquidation or Dollar store.

We do all of our shopping at Fred Meyers because they have the very best sales and all of their frozen dinners and other frozen food is even cheaper than Walmart. We find that when it comes to frozen food prices, that 95% of the time Fred Meyers beats Walmart. (sometimes by 50 cents or more)

For paper plates and TP, look for the Walgreens discount brands to go on sale. Paper plates are 99 cents and TP is 2, 3 or 4 rolls for $1. So if you do pay 50 cents per roll, this beats the price on Scott 1000 TP which is now over $3.50 for 4.

Never buy the knock-off of the Scott-1000 Toilet paper at the dollar stores. This gave my 5 year old granddaughter a very painful and itchy problem "down there" and it took 2 weeks and 2 visits to the doctor's office to get her all healed up. This TP affected "all" of the women in our family in a bad way, even the adults. At first we all thought we came down with yeast infections at the same time. Be "very" careful when buying discount brand TP. Our family will never buy TP from a dollar store again. But the Wallgreens brand is top notch. I've been buying it for years. (09/20/2008)

By Cyinda

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Penny Pinchers in Topeka, KS: great deals and clean store very nice people. (12/09/2008)

By

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

Discount Food and Tools
105 E Broadway St
Downtown Medford, Wisconsin 54451
HWY 64 and Main Street
phone 715-748-2794

We now have a discount food and tools store here in Medford, Wisconsin. It has dented cans, great variety of salvaged and bulk foods dried fruit, lots of discount tools and even used clothing and furniture many items very handy in hard times. Great store to shop. (02/12/2009)

By wiscowoman

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

We opened S and D Grocery Outlet in Dexter, Missouri on April 7th, 2009. Located at 201 E. Business 60. We are a friendly little store in a friendly little town so if you are ever in the area please stop by. We are open Tuesday through Saturday each week from 10am to 6pm. (07/16/2009)

By dnolan

I can not find the discount grocery stores. I am in Platteville, Colorado and the next city is Greeley, Colorado. Could you please help me get a list for the stores so I can check them. Thanks.

Dee

RE: Listing of Discount Grocery Stores

andersonsmarket.info

The above link will help you in CO and all over the place. I am checking out one in Mishawaka, IN tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Down in south central KY the Amish have "salvage groceries" all over the place.

Annie (02/03/2010)

By theoann8886