Quieting Loud Ticking Clocks

Does anyone have a solution to "loud ticking" clocks. It seems that most of our clocks make a bit of noise. Does anyone know how to "silence" them?

P.S. I am a clock collector and have a clock fetish, so I have several clocks around the house.

Thanks to all,
Karifl from Florida

If the clock in on the wall, try taping a piece of sponge to the back. This will keep the clock from touching the wall and reverberating. Similarly, for desktop tickers, put something sound absorbing underneath... a doily or placemat will go a long way to buffering the noise.

God I hate ticking clocks.

Dog Hearing Loud Noise
Dog Afraid of Loud Noises
Fixing Noisy Plumbing Pipes
Quieting/Soundproofing Noisy Plumbing Pipes
Clock Repair
Repairing Clocks
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs