Niño (Yorkie-Poo)

contest winner icon

Niño is a 6 year old Yorkie-Poo. I replied to an ad in a local publication in May of 2005 and visited the litter. He appeared to be the ambitious runt at 3-weeks old and since I always go for the "underdog", he stole my heart.

When he's not vying for my attention, since he is the epitome of a lap (and lick = kisses) dog, he loves to be outdoors running after birds, chasing bushy squirrels, sniffing the shrubs and marking his territory. He also loves going for walks, anywhere will do. I know he's happy when we're walking because he always looks back at me with his little grin and has an extra hop in his step.

He's not much of a barker, unless we're in the house and he hears an unusual sound. He takes a specific stance while he's barking, then listening, then barking, etc. He's definitely guarding our home.

He also tells me when he's hungry or needs to go "outside". He will patiently lick and nudge me until I wake up if it's during the night.

I know he is very attached to me, but it's not unhealthy. He doesn't appear depressed or act out if I have to leave for a weekend, for example. I have to say though, I have had never had such a loving, loyal, sweet, adoring, communicative dog as my "little boy", Niño.

*I took this holiday picture of Niño (2011).

By Nancy

What an adorable pup and picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He is a cutie!

Reply Like this photo? Yes