Can Snakes Damage House Foundation by Nesting Activities?

I have a large family of garter snakes living under our side steps. They love sunning themselves on the rock flower bed that surrounds the house. I am not afraid of them, and do not mind them being there, but I am nervous that they could hurt the foundation by making pits underneath those steps or around the foundation. Does anyone know if this is true?

By Eva from Belle Plaine, IA

Good question! We have a family of bull snakes living between our concrete front porch and the foundation wall. I actually enjoy them because we don't have any mice in the house because of our 'neighbors'. My greatest concern is one of them dieing and the smell that would come from it. I would like to hear if there are other concerns!

Better Living Green Living WildlifeJuly 10, 2010
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Nesting Supplies to Birds
Providing Nesting Supplies to Birds