Purell Hand Sanitizer in Flu Season

Since the cold/flu season is upon us now, I would like to share a tip that I have used for several years. I buy the 0.5 fl. Oz. bottles of Purell Hand Sanitizer. I carry one in my purse, have several in my truck, and keep one in my pocket for times I don't have my purse. They are very handy for children and teens to carry with them to school or trips to the mall. You don't need water or a tissue for drying your hands. They come in packages of six or eight and can be bought at Wal-Mart, Target, drug stores or your grocery in the hand soap section. When in public I always open the door after washing my hands with paper towels if they have them, if not, sneak a few pieces of toilet tissue.

By Chris

I am a "germ phobe", and I am glad to see another person like myself.

I keep a spray bottle near each sink that I fill with alcohol and/or vinegar. After I wash my hands, I spray and disinfect the faucets. Vinegar is a great anti-bacterial agent, and is also useful to use in place of fabric softener, especailly if one has allergies.

It's great to wipe down the handle on shopping carts, too. I never thought about it until I saw a mother pick a child (with a very leaky diaper)up out of the seat and leave it. You just never know LOL

Bath and Body Works and other places have the antibacterial wipes that are convenient, also.

As I mentioned in another post it is not recommended that you use antibacterial soaps, etc. on a regular basis. It can be compared to a doctor prescribing medication for a cold ( there is no cure for the common cold). It helps to contribute to a form of germ called a Superbug, from which there is no cure at the present time.

A doctor at a recent lecture recommends washing frequently with plain soap and water.

The flu is caused by a virus. Hand sanitizers kill bacteria. You are not fighting the flu by using hand sanitizers.

In fact, some studies suggest using hand sanitizers could cause bacteria to become stronger and lead to what is termed "superbugs."

"Here's the bottom line: The harder you try to get rid of germs, the more problems you cause, but of another nature. For example, the overuse of antibacterials may lead to underdeveloped immune systems and to tenacious home bacteria, such as those already fought by hospitals."

how does it get rid of the flu? it doesnt make sense""

I use purell hand sanitizer so much. I have three different scents, and I keep one bottle in my purse, one in my school bag, and two in my room. I use it alot. I use it before and after every meal, after I touch any thing dirty, before using my laptop, and after going to the bathroom, after I wash my hands. I feel like soap and water doesn't work as well as purell. In all, I use about half a small bottle a day, just on myself. I've heard that because Purell kills 99.99% of bacteria, that 1% stays and breeds to make a bacteria that can make you sick. I was just wondering, can this really happen? And are there things you can do to be careful not to let this happen? I hardly ever get sick, Like germ sick like colds, and i've never gotten the flu, and I really don't want to. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.

The hand sanitizer is actually causeing sickness due to the loss of germs. It kills good germs too. This destroys your bodies immune system only increasing the chance of sickness.

Doctor and Sick Patient
Preparing for Cold and Flu Season
bleach bottle
Cleaning With Bleach
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Homemade Decongestant Recipes
Figs preserved in a jar.
Canning Figs
Hand Sanitizer
Cleaning Uses for Hand Sanitizer