Advice For 2 Year Old With Bad Perspiration

My two year old has a bad problem with perspiration. Is that normal for her to be so musty? She has a kidney disorder and I was wondering if that could be it. The doctors say nothing wrong but a two year old should not smell like that under her arms.

Milele from Eunice, Louisiana

Have her checked for hypoglycemia if you haven't already.

The scent could be a symptom of hypoglycemia.

It could be some of her medication. One of my husbands heart/blood pressure meds makes him sweat too. Not much you can do but try to stay clean. When he is nervous it is like a waterfall!

I'm thinking she might be eating too many onions/garlic, which help with the immune system, but also if we eat too much we will have bad body odor, even a child. Add more green veggies to her diet once you cut way back on onions in your cooking of her food. Once she is a teen you can reintroduce her to onions in her food. Also, fear, stress and depression alter body chemistry/odors. In your quiet times, try to look at the bigger picture of this child. What may seem insignificant to an adult/parent may seem like world war 3 to a child, as it did to me. My parents were insensitive to the effects of their choices and actions on me as a child. There are many good books on such things, and internet research available. God bless and help you both. : )

Hi, I think the child has yeast overgrowth. Check out the website above and look in the skin area. Need anymore information, for more information, email coutant5 At

medical doctors won't tell you about this.

Hi there!

The kidneys, along with the liver, eliminate toxins from the body. If one or both aren't working correctly, things like body or breath odor, or skin eruptions can occur. The body will try to fast track toxins out through through the skin to get rid of them. If your daughter isn't on medication, dandelion root powder is a great cleanser. I would talk to your doctor first if she's on any meds, then talk to an herbalist or naturopathic doctor. The dandelion root is pretty amazing--even did wonders for my husband after 40 plus years of unhealthy living!

I also thought it might be yeast. If so, you may want to try giving her yogurt and see if it helps. Make sure you buy the kind with active cultures, such as Mountain High. Activia yogurt may also help, Its a bit more on the pricey side, but for a 2 year old, you probably could stretch out one container for two or three days. She wouldn't need to make a meal or a snack of it, you can try two or three spoonfuls a day to see if it helps.

Clean up her diet. Raw foods are the perfect food. Veggies, fruit nuts and seeds. That'll do it!

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler HealthDecember 4, 2007
Credit history document.
Getting a Loan With Bad Credit
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Premenopausal Perspiration
Remedies for Premenopausal Perspiration
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing