Canning Fried Squash

Can I fry my squash up and then can it?

By Tara P

I gave you a thumbs up because you made me smile. I asked that question once also. Live and learn. No, but you can bread your squash after slicing, layer it on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then place in a freezer bag, getting all the air out you can. You can fry these later. You can pickle and can squash. There are some great recipes with a google search or go to the Ball canning site. Good luck.

To can squash (or any non-acidic vegetable) you need a pressure canner. The canner can reach and maintain the temperature needed to prevent botulism. However, the squash will be very mushy and not very good. Freezing is the way to go.

Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesJuly 9, 2011
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries