Use Fabric Softener Solution As Febreeze

If you're looking for a really cheap, but effective alternative to Febreeze, try this: Fill a spray bottle with 1/4 parts fabric softener to 3/4 parts water.

Works just the same. I stumbled upon this tip when I ran out of Febreeze once and couldn't get to a store. I've been using this solution ever since.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

Solution also works well as wrinkle spray. Just spray on & smooth our fabric. Great for tshirts. I never iron them anymore!

Anonymous

I USE THIS SOLUTION FOR REFRESHING MY HOME AND AFTER CLEANING; I ALSO SPRAY CURTAINS, SILK FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS. I USE IT THROUGHOUT MY HOME.

I tried this and don't think I'll ever by Febreeze again, so much easier to make this, and you can have different scents..wonderful idea, thank you!!

Hi guys. I know fabric softener/Febreze are convenient, but they are so toxic it's unbelievable. Fabric softerner contains at least five chemicals found by the EPA to be carcinogenic and/or neurotoxins. Link to the EPA study on the chemicals contained in fragranced products:

http://www.immu … les/perfume.html

A much better way to get bad smells out of an area is to sprinkle baking soda on the carpet/floor/in the closet and leave it for a few days, then vacuum it up. And it's cheap and completely non-toxic.

I have been using this for over a year now, and spray everything, carpet, furniture, bedding, curtains, etc. And the smell last awhile too. I use this about once a week. A friend of mine stopped by one time when I hadn't had time to "spray" and she sat on couch and asked what that great smell was from. lol, it was still smelling great on the couch.

I was using fab. soft. as febreeze, But the fab. soft. company said they highly did NOT recommend it, that it was not meant for this purpose and over time it will damage the fabric you use it on it is meant only to be rinsed out like you use on your cloths. 3 yrs from now, your couch might look discolored. Juts and FYI.

I dissolve 1/4 cup of baking soda in a spray bottle and add 1 tbsp of lavender oil (you can buy at your local health food store). This removes the smell and leaves you with a nice scent.

i agree with the other post,not only is fabric softner toxic but i have heard it increases flammability by using it as a deodorizer, not really that safe for the price savings.

Anonymous

Works very well .used citrus downy .made the whole house smell wonderful .tyvm for sharing the recipe . Also worked well on drapes .