GardenPhotos

No Gardening Yet in Maine!

Category Garden

My gardening tip for Northern Maine is to wait a few more weeks until the snow is gone.

By Carol from Northern Maine

No Gardening Yet

Oh, hang in there! We're up to our knees here in MA with mud season. There's still plenty of snow, too though. It's melting quicker ever day- My snowdrops just bloomed yesterday! Nothing else is even thinking about turning green, but that was a nice little cure for the cabin fever we've had. Only a couple more weeks!

Brrrrr! It's in the high 70s here in South Georgia! In fact, we didn't even have any winter - got down to 23 one time - no lower. We really wish it would get cold and stay that way for awhile to kill off the "wildlife", i.e., mosquitoes! Thanks for sharing that lovely picture and God bless you.

I'm been checking all week for my snowdrops to bloom in Wisconsin - nothing yet. The rain will wash away the remaining dirty snowpiles in the next few days, but it'll be 2 months before things can be planted outside. Still it's fun to dream.

Now i know that I do not miss living there! we moved almost 6 years ago to Tennessee. We get snow but it's usually gone in a few hours. But, I remember those blizzards in southern Maine

I spent almost 10 years in Presque Isle (northern ME), then moved to Miss., - MAJOR environmental AND cultural shock! (at least when it's cold, you can always put more on; in the heat you can legally only take so much off! LOL)

I hear that! I cannot garden either! lol my yard looks the same way and cannot wait to do so! I had to post the comment we are in the same boat!

Lynne in Hudson, Maine