Cork Wreath Out of Wine Corks

Making a cork wreath is fun and uses up all those wine corks you and your friends have. I used a large wreath with greenery on it, hot glued over 300 corks and wine labels (shaped into rolls) to it. Put them close together for a really great look. You can get the corks/labels from your friends. They sort of want to get in on the fun, so share both willingly. Used this for hanging at pool side. Even in weather, it has lasted for almost ten years. Unique, cheap and fun. It is also pretty! Use any size/shape corks. PS: I actually received enough corks to do three wreaths. That's a lot of wine consumed to help with my project. LOL

By Misty from Hermanville, MS

I went to a wine tasting recently and was told that corks are becoming scarce as more and more wineries are changing to screw caps for a more reliable seal - so if you want to do something like this DON'T WAIT!

This sounds so cool! My kitchen is in wine and grapes. Could you post a picture? I would love to do this, but need a visual.

What a wonderful idea. I have seen a hot trivet square and a small table covered with wine corks cut in half and then hot glued. I would love to see a picture of one of wreaths please...Thank you.

Hello Misty ~ I believe you can also get corks from your favorite restaurant. Just ask and usually they'll be more then happy to give them to you.

I knew I was saving those corks for some reason. Could you post a picture and send to me on e-mail at chadwickbin AT Thank You

I did something similar for my kitchen...I make a corkboard out of wine corks. It hangs by the telephone and is great for tacking up massages, recipes, receipts etc..

Could you send me a picture of your cork wreath? It sounds like something I'd like to make.

Second photo of a wine cork key ring.
Craft Uses for Corks
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorJuly 11, 2007
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Trivet (hot pad) made from wine corks inside metal hoop
Making a Wine Cork Trivet
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
finished reindeer 1
Making a Wine Cork Reindeer