Can I Have Another Kitten?

I have and cat and a kitten. Can I have another kitten in a 860 square foot house? - Lizzie

Of course! I have 9 in 1800 sq ft. They have toys and I have "cat-proofed" the house so they can't get hurt - put child-proof latches on the cabinets, moved all breakables, secured all electric cords and kept all blind cords out of their reach. It is a little stark - no little things sitting around everywhere for them to break or swallow. We also built them a cat perch big enough for all 9 and they love it. They will entertain themselves, but your attention and play will make it better for them. They will need toys and running or climbing space to be sure they don't get too fat and lazy. A pound kitty would love to have a home.

I have 3 kitten/cats I got when they were all kittens, 2 brothers and 1 sister. My home is even smaller than yours. Even though for the first 2 months of their life they lived inside and used a litter box, I have since let them outside thru a pet door and they hardly ever use the litter box any more. They come and go as they please and because they are a "pride" they protect each other outside. I do have to say I did not appreciate the early morning baby chick gift one of the brothers brought in to me but at least I was allowed to save the chick and put it back outside with it's mom. Aloha and peace Pamela

I have 5 cats, the oldest 1 year and the youngest 6 months. I live in a Single Wide Trailer, its small but its not crowded with 2 adults and 5 cats.

If you have to ask, the answer is: NO.

Cats are great. I have 12 (and Noochnooch (the youngest/ or 3rd youngest - never can tell!!) is havging kittens soon. Yippeeee

I was thinking of selling them, but I just never can. By the time they're ready to be sold, they're just too cute.

We're one big family and we live in a flat, on the 3rd floor - so you can probably guess what my kitty litter bill is !!!

I have a queen sized bed, so that we can all snuggle up together when I eat, watch TV and then fall asleep.

The bottom line is - you can never have too many cats. A cat makes a house a home. I live in a kitty mansion!!!!!!!

Yes - have another one, have lots.

I have two kittens. I think that is enough! Enough to keep each other busy but not too many that you have to wonder if it is posing a health hazard. I would hate to see what some of these houses smell like. I have two cats and one litter box that gets emptied out twice a day and that gets smelly enough for me. How do you all do it?

Well it all depends how many people live with you. It is best to keep it to like 1-2 cats per person if you wanna keep things simple. Cats can be a lot of work.

Pets AdviceSeptember 11, 2004
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Black and White Kitten
Adopting a Kitten
kitten drinking out of a bottle
Weaning a Bottle Fed Kitten