Homemade Rabbit Cages

The best homemade rabbit cages are built of welded wire. Wire cages are more durable than wooden cages and are less expensive in the long run. Wire cages reduce the incidence of disease because they are easier to clean and disinfect.

Link: http://msucares.com/pubs/infosheets/is1195.htm

*sigh*

I'd never recommend a cage like this unless you were raising rabbits for meat. This cage is so small for a pet rabbit. You can have a bunny free in the house trained to use a litter box like a cat. My rabbit is free like this. Bunnies have so much personality and they are such social creatures. You can create a large cage quite cheaply with NIC cubes and cable ties.

Here is an excellent website about pet rabbits with tons of information including cages and litter training. called The House Rabbit Society http://www.rabbit.org

bunny lover.

Thanks for the feedback. You are right, that is not a very good cage for a pet rabbit, I should have looked at it more closely. I encourage people to check out http://www.rabbit.org as well.

Here is what they say about cage size:

What size cage is best?

Bigger is better! A cage should be at least 4 times the size of your bunny--more if he is confined for a large amount of the day. You can build or buy your rabbit a two-storey "condo" with the floors connected by a ramp--they love this

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/housing.html#size

"How do I make a rabbit cage for two rabbits......i need to cage..2 rabbits and 1 will be a female the next a male....please help!! I also want to have the cage be an outdoor cage...its going in my barn..."

I have two rats. Their cage is too small, and they are growing rapidly. I have heard that for rats, bigger is better. Unfortunately, the giant rat cages are just a wee but expensive. Do you have any ideas, or ways for me to build my own?

i am thinking of buying a rabbit but i dont have anough room to buy one . i want to make my own so it fits in the place i am going to put it. but i dont no what i need and how to make it. any suggestions ?

thanks

I have this wonderful rabbit that loves his cage almost as much as he likes run of the house in the morning and evening. The thing is I feel so bad for him in his cage and I cant find one big enough that I can keep in my house. So now I am on a search to have one built. Can you help?

try searching the internet for "nic cubes." There are a lot of people making rabbit cages out of them and they look great. Many people have pictures of ones they made and ideas on making your own. The cubes can be bought from places like target. I think target calls them organize it cubes. You should definately check it out.

I want a Guinea Pig really badly but I can't aford a cage would a rabbit cage work for a Guinea Pig?

I just reciently built a 3 story rabbit cage with white storage cubes that you can buy at home depot. It was very easy and now my bunny has lots of room to run and he loves it!

I'm trying to find out how to make a triangle rabbit outdoor cage made with wood and chicken wire. Any ideas please or pictures? thank you

Binkybunny.com! This is such a good website it complies with all house rabbit society requirements. It has really good pictures of homemade bunny cages and tips to make your own! All bunny owners should have this website in their favorites! It has lots of great ideas. I highly recommend it!

Happy Easter!

Many hugs, kisses, and binkys

Homemade Rabbit Cage
Homemade Rabbit Cages
Pets RabbitsAugust 20, 2004
Tomato Cages Christmas Crafts
Christmas Crafts Using Tomato Cages
Young girl in a pink bunny costume.
Making a Bunny Rabbit Costume
Other Uses for Tomato Cages
Other Uses for Tomato Cages
House Training a Rabbit
House Training a Rabbit
🎄