Spiralling Fruit Centerpiece

I saw a fruit centerpiece on the internet that was made of chunks of fruit and spiralled upward. Does anyone know what is used for the base and to attach the fruit to?

Vicky from Louisiana

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have recently purchased a kit called centerpiece gourmet. They use skewers to hold the fruit together and the shells or Styrofoam to hold it up in the basket. I hope this helps!!

Use Styrofoam.

it's more than likely with pineapples you put fruit on tooth picks then stick into pineapple

Styofoam is a great idea. I could cover it with clear plastic then stick the fruit on. Thanks ladies

I make these all the time. I use what is called "Oasis" which is a floral type of styrofoam. It is not hard like regular styrofoam. You will need to strap the oasis/styrofoam down with wire or ribbon or even floral putty if it does not fit snug in whatever container you are making your fruit/veggie arrangement. I reuse my "Oasis" over and over all of the time. Hope this helps.

I have been looking for that website for a while. Can you let me know what the web address is?

Thanks!

reidweaver @yahoo.com

I think you will need florist foam.

Weddings FoodOctober 6, 2005
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Small stack of nectarines against white background.
Peeling Nectarines
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:14:01 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.