Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop

How do I remove "Gorilla glue" off my kitchen countertop? The top isn't granite, stone, or anything expensive, maybe fiberglass or something similar.

By Kathy from Pitman, NJ

By Louise [4]04/17/2010

I had the same problem. I used the razor that I use for cooked on food on my smooth top stove to scrape it off.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop

How do I remove Gorilla glue from a countertop?

By JAZZYJULS from Ellicott City, MD

RE: Removing Gorilla Glue from Countertop

If it's not dry, wipe off as much as you can with a dry paper towel, and then use acetone to wipe off the rest. If it's dry already, wait until it gets hard and scrape it off with a hard plastic tool or utensil. We got it on our garage floor and it scraped right off. (06/12/2009)

By fairygirl1

RE: Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop

I actually looked around the internet and used a combination of super glue removal techniques and it worked. I used acetone nail polish remover on a cottonball, and on a light steel wool pad and lightly rubbed til doomsday, then wiped over with a Magic eraser, and my counters look great now. (06/12/2009)

By JAZZYJULS

Ace Hardware has Gorilla glue remover. Right by the glues, of course. (06/14/2009)

By mklema92658