Carpet Cleaning Solution

Whenever my carpet is looking a little dingy from dirt spots and/or those darkened paths that go from room to room, I use a solution of 1/2 cup household ammonia, 2 cups rubbing alcohol, and 1 teaspoon liquid Dawn.

I mix it all in a 1 gallon (milk jug) adding warm water. I use a scrub brush or one of the cleaning brushes with a handle and rinse with an old towel. The process isn't difficult at all and you will love the results. This mixture is great for washing windows and cars. I've been using this solution for years and the results are great every time!

Source: It has been so long ago, I don't remember where I found this recipe. Originally I used it just for windows.

By Jane from Lawrenceville, GA

Just be sure to test a small "where it won't show" in case the color changes.

I'll definitely try it!

Keep dirt from away in the first place by instituting a no shoes policy for your house. Set up a shoe tree, basket or other organizer at the front and back doors to make adhering to this policy easier for family and guest.Call in the professionals for a full carpet steam cleaning once or twice a year. More frequent steam cleaning can cause excessive wear on the carpet fibers.This should also help in maintaining a good carpet.

Man Steam Cleaning a Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet Cleaning
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Carpet RecipesAugust 4, 2011
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎉
🎄