Making a Coat Hanger Cloth Wreath
This coat hanger cloth wreath will make a wonderful Christmas decoration. This is a guide about making a coat hanger cloth wreath
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Are you looking for a way to tie in the colors in your room? Or do you just need to fill in a blank wall? Want a wreath to match your Christmas decorations? This project doesn't take a super creative person to complete. It's inexpensive, too. Your finished project will look professional and give your room that custom decorator look.
- one wire coat hanger (the thin white ones are easier to work with)
- three to five different coordinating colors of cotton or cotton blend material (total yardage is less than 1/2 of a yard. I just used scraps that I had.)
- First use the pliers to bend the coat hanger into a round shape. The hook on top will be used to hang the wreath.
- Then cut the material into strips 2 inches x 7 inches. You'll need 120 of these.
- You can spray starch and press the material before you cut. It makes it a little easier to handle. The finished product will look a little crisper and it will be easier to dust when it is finished.
- Next, tightly tie the strips on the hanger. Twist each strip so the ends are pointing in a slightly different direction than the previous strip.
- Fluff it a bit, hang it up and you're done!
By Kim DRead 3 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:51:34 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us