Making a Coat Hanger Cloth Wreath

Category Decorations
This coat hanger cloth wreath will make a wonderful Christmas decoration. This is a guide about making a coat hanger cloth wreath.

Are you looking for a way to tie in the colors in your room? Or do you just need to fill in a blank wall? Want a wreath to match your Christmas decorations? This project doesn't take a super creative person to complete. It's inexpensive, too. Your finished project will look professional and give your room that custom decorator look.

Materials:

Directions:

1. First use the pliers to bend the coat hanger into a round shape. The hook on top will be used to hang the wreath.
  2. Then cut the material into strips 2 inches x 7 inches. You'll need 120 of these.
  3. You can spray starch and press the material before you cut. It makes it a little easier to handle. The finished product will look a little crisper and it will be easier to dust when it is finished.
  4. Next, tightly tie the strips on the hanger. Twist each strip so the ends are pointing in a slightly different direction than the previous strip.
  5. Fluff it a bit, hang it up and you're done!

By Kim D

Outstanding! What a great gift idea!

I JUST SEEN ON HGTV LAST NIGHT WHERE THEY MADE A WREATH LIKE THIS USING THE BAG FROM YOUR DRY CLEANING CUT INTO STRIPS THEN AN ORNAMENT GLUED ONTO IT IN A COUPLE OF PLACES AND PUT A RIBBON IN THE MIDDLE

Nearly thirty-five years ago, when my sister and I first joined Girl Scouts, our troop leader did a wreath project with us using the very same technique. However, we used strips of white garbage bags. After the decorations were tied on securely,( no hot glue guns then I guess!) the wreaths were ready to hang outside on our door. My mother still has the wreaths my sister and I made and displays them at Christmas