Paper Towel Rolls for Seedlings

I save the cardboard centers from toilet paper. These are excellent for starting seeds for my garden in the early spring. When the conditions are right for planting, I simply plant seedling in its cardboard core.

By Judi S. from Six Mile, SC

Please give more details. I'm a bout to start a garden and I save the tp cardboard, so this is great, but I really want the exact procedure you use. Thanks!

May 3, 2010 Flag

To start seedlings, I use old toilet paper and paper towel rolls cut down to like 2 - 3 inches tall. I line up on a old cookie sheet then add dirt, seeds, water and place over an old heating pad, on the lowest setting in a sunny window. When they are ready to be out in the garden, plant the little tube in all. I find it to work very well.

Source: A seed magazine, I don't remember the name.

By Angi from Fort Edward, NY

Paper Towel Rolls for Seedlings

Thanks for sharing, good luck. (03/09/2010)

By kffrmw88

Starting Seedlings
Starting Seedlings
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsMay 3, 2010
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls