Adding Borax to the Wash

I have a HE washing machine. I am understanding that others are using borax in the machines. Are they putting the borax into the machine with the load of clothing?

By Lilyfly from Winnipeg, MB, Canada

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't have the same brand washing machine as you. However, borax goes into the wash cycle with the clothes and the detergent. I would start the water running and add the detergent and borax before I added the clothing, if I were you. Somehow that seems to work better.

I have a kenmore machine and I add 1/3 cup borateem with the liquid detergent in the little cup provided for the detergent. I have done it this way for a couple years. No problems and the rubber liner is never smelly like some get.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help. I was thinking that I would just put some right into the machine with the clothing, don't know how that would have worked.

October 3, 2010 Flag

What are the benefits of using borax for laundry?

By Peggy from Silver Creek, NY

Answers:

Adding Borax to the Wash

20muleteamlaundry.com

Click on "The Many Uses" tab.

• Improves cleaning power of detergent.
  • Helps remove tough stains.
  • Natural alternative to colorsafe bleach.
  • Deodorizes and freshens.
  • Naturally softens hard water.

For those wanting to know what borax is: wisegeek.com (08/16/2009)

By COflower

Adding Borax to the Wash

It is a natural water softener for those of us who have hard water, but no water softener. Clothes last longer, get cleaner, and smell fresher. (08/19/2009)

By EIW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 15, 2009 Flag

Put a tablespoon of Borax in your laundry and you can cut your soap by more than half. It cleans, brightens, and removes odors and saves on laundry detergent.

By Reta

Answers:

Adding Borax to the Wash

Just be careful using borax on colored clothes. It will lighten your laundry. (03/18/2007)

By TerryS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 3, 2010
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Borax powder, with a measuring cup and spray bottle.
Cleaning With Borax
Borax
Buying Borax
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:51:51 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.